In this article we review the Tesco Bank Purchases credit card, which offers up to 18 months interest-free on purchases, as well as having introductory offers on balance and money transfers
Key facts about the Tesco Bank Purchases credit card
Best for: Those looking to spread the cost of a large purchase over an extended period
Introductory offer: Interest-free for up to 18 months on purchases and 3 months for balance and money transfers
Representative APR: 19.9% variable
Fees: No annual fee
Perks: Collect 1 Tesco Clubcard point for every £4 spent at Tesco and for every £8 spent elsewhere
Pros of the Tesco Bank Purchases credit card
- The card has a competitive introductory offer on purchases, coupled with a shorter offer on balance and money transfers
- It has the added benefit of allowing people to collect Tesco Clubcard points with most purchases made with the card
- The APR stacks up well against similar cards, although it is worth paying the balance in full each month to continue to benefit from interest-free spending after the introductory offer has come to an end
Cons of the Tesco Bank Purchases credit card
- Although it can offer up to 18 months, you may be offered a shorter interest-free period depending on your credit score
- There is a 2.9% balance transfer fee and 3.94% money transfer fee during the introductory period, reverting to 3.99% for both after that time
- The credit limit could be as low as £100
How to manage your payments on the Tesco Bank Purchases credit card
Cardholders can manage their account through the Tesco Bank mobile banking app
How to apply for the Tesco Bank Purchases credit card
Alternatives to the Tesco Bank Purchases credit card
For other options, read our article "Best credit card in the UK"
Looking for a financial adviser near you?
Do you need financial advice? An independent financial adviser can show you how to make the most
of your money. Find your nearest qualified and regulated adviser using this VouchedFor search tool.