If you are thinking of investing your money it is advisable to listen to some of the successful investors of the past. Here are a few of my favourite quotes on investment.
- It's not how much money you make but how much money you keep, how hard it works for you and how many generations you keep it for - Robert Kiyosaki
- Investing should be more like watching paint dry or watching grass grow. If you want excitement, take $800 and go to Las Vegas - Paul Samuelson
- The four most dangerous words are: 'this time it's different' - Sir John Templeton
- It's not whether you're right or wrong that's important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much money you lose when you're wrong - George Soros
- If you have trouble imagining a 20% loss in the stock market, you shouldn't be in stocks - John Bogle
- Rule No. 1 Never lose money. Rule No. 2 Never forget rule No.1 - Warren Buffet
- Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain insolvent - John Maynard Keynes
- If all economists were laid end to end, they would never reach a conclusion - George Bernard Shaw
- People don't like the idea of thinking long term. Many are desperately seeking short term answers because they have money problems to be resolved today - Rober Kiyosaki
- Nobody ever lost money taking a profit - Bernard Baruch
- Never invest in any idea you can't illustrate with a crayon - Peter Lynch
- Time is your friend; impulse is your enemy - Jack Bogle
- Go for a business that an idiot can run - because sooner or later an idiot is probably going to run it - Peter Lynch
Looking for a financial adviser near you?
Do you need financial advice? An independent financial adviser can show you how to make the most
of your money. Find your nearest qualified and regulated adviser using this VouchedFor search tool.
Alternatively, Hargreaves Lansdown, one of the UK’s largest firms providing restricted financial advice, is offering a £200 John Lewis voucher* to new clients.