The main points in today's Budget are summarised here, take a look and see how it will affect you.
- Personal allowance to be raised to £9,205 in April 2013
- Top rate of tax to be reduced from 50% to 45% from April 2013
- 20m people to receive a new tax statement detailing how their tax is spent
- Reduction in benefit to be phased starting at £50k of individual earnings and totally phased out at £60k
- No extra duty on fuel
- No major changes to VAT
- 37p extra duty on a packet of cigarettes from 6pm tonight
- New duty on gaming machines
- Duty increased to 7% on properties worth £2m+
- Properties purchased via a corporation will have new stamp duty rate of 15%
- Single tier pension for future pensioners of around £140 pw
- State pension to increase by £5.30 pw from April 2013
- Corporation tax to be cut 22% by 2014 with an immediate cut to 24%
- Simpler tax return method for businesses under £75k turnover
- Extra £100m for military housing
- Sunday trading laws to be relaxed for the Olympics
Looking for a financial adviser near you?
Do you need financial advice? An independent financial adviser can show you how to make the most
of your money. Find your nearest qualified and regulated adviser using this VouchedFor search tool.