With energy tariffs always changing and fixed rate deals coming to an end it's important to keep up to date with all the current energy deals.
Here I have done the leg work for you and highlighted the best energy deals currently on the market.
|Supplier||Tariff||Price per year||Fixed/Variable|
|Sainsbury’s Energy||Online 2014||£1,295||Variable|
|Southern Electric||Discount Energy Bonus Oct 2014||£1,317||Variable|
|Scottish Power||Online Energy Saver 21||£1,327||Variable|
|npower||Energy Online 2014||£1,341||Variable|
|npower||Online Price Fix June 2014||£1,372||Fixed|
|Scottish Power||Help Beat Cancer Discounted Energy Online Feb 2015||£1,378||Variable|
|first utility*||iSave v15 “Dual Saver”||£1,386||Variable|
|first utility*||iSave Fixed v8 Sept 2014||£1,392||Fixed|
|E.ON||E.ON Energy Discount with cash reward||£1,393||Variable|
|British Gas||Online Variable May 2014||£1,397||Variable|
Figures supplied by uSwitch as at 5th May 2013 and based on an average household bill using Electricity & Gas combined tariffs.
Get the best energy deal for you
The above figures are based on an average household bill and will vary depending on location. So to find the best deal for you start by entering your postcode in the box below:
[box type="shadow" ]Compare all UK suppliers including internet, standard and fixed tariffs. Switching tariffs is easy and takes a few minutes[/box]
- It is important to compare your tariff on a regular basis, at least annually
- Make a note of the date any fixed or discounted tariff ends, then make sure you are still on a competitive tariff
- New entrants to the energy market will offer very competitive deals to get some market share, so keep up to date with any increases
- As always, make sure you read the "small print" on all deals to ensure you are making a fully informed decision
- For more information on how to cut your energy bills read my article - 6 ways to cut your energy bills.