Here's a round-up of the key points from the Budget 2013:
- Employment Allowance - worth up to £2,000 for every business employing staff
- Personal income tax allowance raised to £10,000 by 2014
- Beer Duty escalator scrapped and beer duty reduced by 1p
- Fuel Duty increase planned for September cancelled
- Tax-free childcare vouchers - 20% off first £6,000
- Capital gains tax relief for sales of businesses to their employees
- Govt. to introduce 'largest ever' package of tax avoidance & evasion measures
- Bank Levy rate increased to 0.142% next year
- Corporation tax reduced by 1% to 20% in April 2015
- Stamp duty on shares in AIM scrapped
- Research & Development Credit increased to 10%
- Mortgage Guarantee Scheme - offering £130bn of help to help unable to raise deposit required by lenders
- Shared equity loans for borrowers of new homes worth up to 20% of value
- New single tier pension brought forward to 2016
Public Sector Pay
- Public sector pay rises limited to 1% for further year
- Military personnel to be exempt from 1% public sector pay cap
- Bank of England's Monetary Policy Committee to get new powers MPC remit and permitted to use unconventional tools
- CPI inflation target still to be 2% target.
- Borrowing forecast for this year at £114bn
- Growth forecast for 2013 revised down by 0.6% to 0.6%
Looking for a financial adviser near you?
Do you need financial advice? An independent financial adviser can show you how to make the most
of your money. Find your nearest qualified and regulated adviser using this VouchedFor search tool.
Alternatively, Hargreaves Lansdown, one of the UK’s largest firms providing restricted financial advice, is offering a £200 John Lewis voucher* to new clients.