What you need to do
- Open the entitledto tool online.
- Answer a series of simple questions on-screen and you will be shown which benefits you may be entitled to and an estimate of their value. These include income-related benefits, tax credits, contribution-based benefits, Council Tax Reduction, Carer’s Allowance, Universal Credit. (TIME TO COMPLETE - 6-7 MINS)
If you are a student looking for information on financial assistance you can find it here.
Billions of pounds worth of financial support go unclaimed. Data shows that:
- Around 1,215,000 families failed to claim up to £8B in universal credit
- Around 3,000,000 families fail to claim council tax support worth up to £3B
- Around 5,000,000 families fail to claim nearly £2B in support for water, energy, and broadband bills
- Around 200,000 families failed to claim up to £950m in income support, and employment and support allowance
- About 920,000 families failed to claim up to £1.6bn in pension credit
- About 510,000 families failed to claim up to £820m in child benefit
So make sure you aren’t part of these statistics by claiming everything you’re entitled to. Although the benefits system is overly complex and confusing the official online tool (mentioned above) can check, in minutes, if you are missing out on any financial help that you are entitled to. It’s important even if you don’t think this is relevant to you that you still complete it – you may be pleasantly surprised.