Most of us have house sat for a friend but have you ever thought about doing it for a stranger? There are a number of established websites out there, such as Trustedhousesitters.com, which help homeowners find house and pet sitters.
For homeowners the benefits are obvious, a happy pet and/or secure home during a period of absence, for a fee to the website.
But for house sitters themselves there are a number of benefits:
- House sitters can usually live rent/bill free in exchange for their services
- You can choose assignments in the UK or more exotic locations around the world.
- Long term house sitters can save thousands a year on rent.
- For those who can work remotely the combination of rent free accommodation and office space gives them a truly exciting and flexible lifestyle.
- Or you can simply house sit as an alternative to renting a hotel room or holiday accommodation.
How much does it cost to get started?
Some websites are free to register with while others such as Trustedhousesitters.com charge an annual registration fee of £38 to both home owners and house sitters.
So what are you waiting for, live the dream and save a fortune.
Image courtesy of David Castillo Dominici / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Looking for a financial adviser near you?
Do you need financial advice? An independent financial adviser can show you how to make the most
of your money. Find your nearest qualified and regulated adviser using this VouchedFor search tool.
Alternatively, Hargreaves Lansdown, one of the UK’s largest firms providing restricted financial advice, is offering a £200 John Lewis voucher* to new clients.