Many people, when upgrading their homes, are fitting LED lights as downlighters or floor lights but are their real benefits or cost savings?
What are the benefits of LED lighting?
- they use around 20% less energy to produce the same light output as a traditional filament bulb.
- their life expectancy is 10 times that a fluorescent bulb and 30 times longer than a normal filament bulb
- they are mercury free
- the light given off is more consistent and the bulbs can be used in a variety of locations and positions
- available in a greater range of sizes and colours
- have a low operating temperature so safer to touch
- although the individual bulbs are more expensive than filament bulbs the overall cost can be lower due to their low energy consumption
How much can you save?
By using this handy little calculator you can how much you would save by replacing your current with LED bulbs. Energy saving calculator
Looking for a financial adviser near you?
Do you need financial advice? An independent financial adviser can show you how to make the most
of your money. Find your nearest qualified and regulated adviser using this VouchedFor search tool.
Alternatively, Hargreaves Lansdown, one of the UK’s largest firms providing restricted financial advice, is offering a £200 John Lewis voucher* to new clients.