Quit the 9 to 5 with the One Giant Leap Podcast
The One Giant Leap Podcast - Find your passion, build a dream
I am so excited to bring you our new podcast called the One Giant Leap. The launch of this podcast is something I have been building towards for over seven years. The aim of the One Giant Leap podcast and associated Facebook group is to inspire everyone to achieve a life of freedom, happiness and wealth. To help all those people who, like me, have a sense of wanting more from life than what society or their job permits them to. If you've ever stared out of the window and daydreamed then this podcast is for you. If you've ever woken up on a Monday morning dreading the day ahead then this podcast will inspire you to build the life you will bounce out of bed for.
Subscribe to the podcast to hear how people just like you have achieved amazing things while having a day job. Find out how:
- a man in his twenties came up with a million pound business idea while buying razor blades and made it a reality
- an IT consultant went from baking cakes in his spare time to having his products stocked in Tesco and Selfridges and sold worldwide
- a man went from 23 stone to the front cover of Men's Health in 3 years and is now changing the lives of thousands of others
- an amazing lady started a side project which now clothes the homeless in London and San Francisco
- a dad turned having no money to feed his children into a business and now uses social media to change the lives of hundreds of thousands of people
- an idea for the biggest free lottery struck while commuting to work and now attracts millions of pounds of investment
- an accountant used his daily train commute to start writing books and topped the UK and US Amazon book charts
- a financial adviser broke the mould and used his voice, initiative and a simple principle to grow his business and reform the industry
- an inspiring woman used a passion to overcome personal hardship and launch four businesses by the time she was in her early twenties.
How to listen and subscribe to the One Giant Leap podcast
You can listen to episodes and subscribe to the show using the links below:
The background to the One Giant Leap podcast
It all started back in 2010. As you know my name is Damien Fahy and I run MoneytotheMasses.com. The site started life back then as a simple blog that I wrote after work. At the time I worked in the City for a firm providing financial advice to wealthy lawyers but it was unfulfilling. I started MoneytotheMasses.com in my spare time with no money or experience of running a blog or website. All I had was a passion to help the masses and give them access to the financial expertise reserved for the wealthy. Seven years later, and having quit my day job, the site now reaches over 1.5 million people a year helping them with all aspects of their finances from investing to savings.
However, financial planning is only one aspect of how I want to help people. I also want to help inspire others to create businesses or change their lives by following their own passions just as I did. The hardest part on my journey was taking that One Giant Leap of quitting my day job and committing to MoneytotheMasses.com fulltime. I am a naturally cautious person and struggled with the decision immensely. Ultimately the decision to ‘take a leap’ was the best decision I’ve ever made.
However, attempting to inspire people by just retelling my journey wouldn't work. I realised that I needed to find other everyday’ people who have followed their dreams and transformed their lives and those of the people around them. I needed to bring their stories and experiences to the masses. I needed to show how anyone can achieve amazing things. I needed you to hear their journeys in order to inspire you to start yours.
The people I found are not wealthy or privileged. They are people with a passion often sparked from adversity or a desire to change their lives or those around them. Some have been faced with huge debts others with depression. Some have come up with a great idea for a business while out and about. Many have turned a hobby or side project into a successful business. You will find out how they did it, the lessons they've learnt along the way and how you can take that One Giant Leap to build the life you want. The only difference between you and them is that they found their passion and took that leap.
With each interview I aim to help inspire other people to take control of their lives, dare to dream and not let others hold them back.
Join the One Giant Leap facebook group
The purpose of the One Giant Leap facebook group is to build a community of those people who are inspired by the One Giant Leap podcast to find their passion and build the life they want. This group is open to anyone who wants to chat, network, share ideas/articles and support other members in their journey of quitting the 9-5 and taking a Giant Leap to achieve a life full of freedom, happiness and wealth.
WE CAN ALL LEARN FROM EACH OTHER, NO ONE HOLDS ALL THE ANSWERS. SO PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF WHEN YOU JOIN THE ONE GIANT LEAP FACEBOOK GROUP.
It doesn't matter where you are on your journey, or even if you've not yet started it. Together the members of this group will help and inspire each other to take that ONE GIANT LEAP.