1 min Read
03 Oct 2013

Written by Damien

Damien is one of the most widely quoted money and investment experts in the national press and has made numerous radio & TV appearances. He created MoneytotheMasses.com while working in the City when he became disillusioned with the way the public were left to fend for themselves because they could not afford financial advice.

More about Damien

Reader Question: How do I claim back overpaid tax?

Get an answer to your financial question online Reader Question:

I have overpaid tax under PAYE with my employer. Can I apply for a tax rebate and if so when can I do it for the current financial year?


My response:

You can make a claim for a rebate now. As you are employed you can make a claim by contacting HMRC and you should hopefully receive a rebate via your wages.

For further information and details of how to contact HMRC click here.

I hope that helps

Best Wishes



The material in any email, the Money to the Masses website, associated pages / channels / accounts and any other correspondence are for general information only and do not constitute investment, tax, legal or other form of advice. You should not rely on this information to make (or refrain from making) any decisions. Always obtain independent, professional advice for your own particular situation. See full Terms & Conditionsand Privacy Policy.

Image: renjith krishnan / FreeDigitalPhotos.net


Looking for a financial adviser near you?

Do you need financial advice? An independent financial adviser can show you how to make the most of your money.

Simply find your nearest qualified and regulated adviser using the UK’s largest adviser search.