- Basic rate of income tax raised by £235 to £9440
- Higher rate tax threshold to rise by 1% in 2014 and 2015 from £41,450 to £41,865 and then to £42,285
- Main rate of corporation tax to be cut to 21% from April 2014
- Inheritance tax threshold to be increased by 1% next year
- ISA contribution limit to be raised to £11,250 from next April
Benefits and Pensions
- Working age benefits to rise by 1% in each of the next 3 years
- Annual pension relief allowance reduced to £40,000 from 2014/15
- Lifetime pension relief allowance down to £1.25m
- Maximum amount taken through income drawdown increased from 100% to 120% of GAD rate
- Basic state pension up by 2.5% to £110.15 per week
- Child benefit up by 1% for two years from 2014
- The planned 3p increase to fuel duty cancelled
- Unemployment set to peak at 8.3%
- Extra £1bn on road improvements
- £1bn loan to extend to Northern Line
- £1bn to improve good schools and build 100 new free schools
- £270m for further education colleges
- £600m for scientific research
- Ultra-fast broadband expansion in 12 cities
Looking for a financial adviser near you?
Do you need financial advice? An independent financial adviser can show you how to make the most
of your money. Find your nearest qualified and regulated adviser using this VouchedFor search tool.
Alternatively, Hargreaves Lansdown, one of the UK’s largest firms providing restricted financial advice, is offering a £200 John Lewis voucher* to new clients.