Episode 440 - On this week's episode I carry out the annual review of my winter investment portfolio, which uses an investment strategy aimed at capitalising on a seasonal market trend. I reveal how the portfolio has outperformed major stock market indices despite being in cash 50% of the time. Then we discuss the 'pension pot for life' proposal announced by the government, exploring what is it and how it might work. Finally, Andy examines the energy costs associated with Christmas celebrations. From cooking the turkey to lighting up your Christmas tree, we break down the costs. We also reveal how much higher your energy bill will be if you are hosting this year.
Join the MTTM Community group, a friendly community that allows like-minded listeners to ask questions and chat.
You can also listen to other episodes and subscribe to the show by searching 'Money to the Masses' on Spotify or by using the following links:
Links referred to in the podcast:
- MTTM Podcast Episode 244 - Winter Portfolio - November 2019
- MTTM Podcast Episode 297 - Winter Portfolio - November 2020
- MTTM Podcast Episode 394 - Winter Portfolio - November 2022
- Pension tracing service
- What is pension consolidation and how do I do it?
- How to find a good financial adviser you can trust
- Take out a free trial of 80-20 investor