Who is Start Rescue?
Start Rescue is a breakdown cover service provided by Call Assist Ltd. (founded in 1998) and the service is provided through a network of Recovery Operators throughout the UK and Europe covering over 45 countries.
What types of breakdown cover does Start Rescue offer?
Start Rescue offers 5 levels of breakdown cover:
Start Rescue One Star breakdown cover summary
- Unlimited Callouts - no limit is applied to the number of callouts
- Roadside Assistance - if breakdown occurs within the UK and is more than a quarter of a mile radius away from the home address
- Local Recovery up to 10 miles - if unable to repair the vehicle at the roadside, the vehicle and passengers will be taken to the nearest suitable garage or a destination of your choice within 10 miles
- Accident Recovery - if your vehicle is involved in an accident rendering it immobile or illegal it will be transported in accordance with the terms of the policy purchased
- Alternative Travel - if your vehicle is unable to be repaired, within the same working day or other agreed period, payment will be made of up to £250 towards the cost of alternative transport or vehicle hire to allow for the completion of the original journey. Payment may be made of up to £150 towards the cost of alternative transport for one person to return and collect the repaired vehicle
- Emergency Overnight Accommodation - alternative accommodation may be provided within the UK (£150 maximum for a lone traveller or £75 per person) towards the reasonable cost of overnight accommodation, including breakfast, whilst the vehicle is being repaired. Maximum payment of £500 per incident. European policies where breakdowns occur abroad and the vehicle cannot be repaired on the same working day, the maximum payment is increased to £150 per person for one night with a maximum payment per incident of £1,000.
- Key Assist - if you lose or break your keys a payment will be made for a call out and mileage back to our Recovery Operator's base or your home if closer
- Misfuel Cover - up to the value of £250, including up to 10 litres of correct fuel
- Free Mobile App - free mobile app allows you to report any breakdown, within 1 minute, without having to telephone the call centre
Start Rescue Two Star breakdown cover summary
As One Star cover but with the addition of:
- Nationwide Recovery - if the vehicle cannot be fixed at the roadside or at a local garage on the same day it will be recovered, together with all passengers, to the policyholder's home address or, if preferable and is closer, to your original destination
Start Rescue Three Star breakdown cover summary
As Two Star cover but with the addition of:
- Home Assist - the vehicle will be covered at the registered home address or within a quarter of a mile radius
Start Rescue Four Star breakdown cover summary
As Three Star cover but with the addition of:
- Europe - in addition to Roadside Assistance and Nationwide Recovery within the UK, your vehicle will also be covered in Europe. Includes Pre-Departure Cover up to £500 and the reasonable cost of shipping spare parts to the repairing garage within Europe
Start Rescue Five Star breakdown cover summary
As Four Star cover but with the addition of:
- Theft, Vandalism - if your vehicle is rendered immobile due to theft or vandalism, your vehicle will be recovered to your home address or nominated garage within a 5-mile radius of the home address. Should this occur whilst you are one mile or more away from your home address, Start Rescue will assist with alternative transport up to the value of £1,000 on a pay and claim basis
- Driver Illness/Injury - if you are unable to continue your journey due to illness or injury (a medical certificate will be required), if there is no alternative driver in the car you will be provided with an alternative driver to return the vehicle to your nominated destination. If you are unable to accompany your vehicle, you will be provided with alternative transport up to the value of £1,000
Start Rescue policy type comparison
|Local Recovery up to 10 miles|
|Emergency Overnight Accommodation|
|Theft, Vandalism and Driver Illness/Injury|
|Free Mobile App|
Start Rescue breakdown cover reviews
Start Rescue was ranked 2nd out of of 12 providers in the recent Which? survey of third-party breakdown cover providers. A customer score of 85%, was the highest of any third-party provider in the Which? survey beating many of the 'big-name' cover providers. Start Rescue is also rated 4.6 out of 5.0 on independent customer review site Trustpilot with reviewers citing the competitive price, user-friendly website and 'second to none' customer service as some of the main positives.
Start Rescue is one of the cheapest third-party breakdown providers and was selected as a 'Recommended Provider' by the consumer website Which? They offer a total of 5 different levels of cover to suit all breakdown cover needs and budgets. Strong customer reviews will also give prospective customers confidence in their excellent customer service and the speedy response time to breakdown callouts. If you are looking for a reasonably priced and comprehensive breakdown cover then Start Rescue is certainly an option to consider.