How to gain airport lounge access when flying economy
Everyone loves going on holiday but a long wait for your flight can take the gloss off your trip before it starts. So why not relax in luxury by gaining access to the many airport lounges available both in the UK and abroad. Obviously if you book business or first class then lounge access is all part of the deal but if you have booked economy class you can still access this luxury world at a price.
What do airport lounges offer?
Most airport lounges will offer the following:
- luxury seating
- free hot and cold food
- free drink
- free newspapers and magazines
- free wifi
- shower facilities
- massage or other relaxation treatments
How can I gain airport lounge access?
There are a number of companies offering access to airport lounges and I have detailed here some of the most popular.
- Three membership plans to choose from
- Standard membership annual fee of £69 plus £15 per person per visit
- Access to over 700 airport lounges worldwide
- Average visit cost of £17 per person
- Access to over 200 airport lounges worldwide
- Each visit must be pre-booked through the website
- Annual membership fee of £249.99 for member and guest including unlimited visits
- Operated by Servisair and limited to lounges in UK, Canada, Denmark and The Netherlands
Third Party Suppliers
- There are a number of credit cards that offer lounge as part of their premium package
- These cards typically offer a range of services for an annual membership fee
- Amex, RBS & Lloyds are some of the companies that offer this service
- Also subscribers to The Telegraph can get 2 for 1 access to certain airport lounges as part of their reward scheme
Looking for a financial adviser near you?
Do you need financial advice? An independent financial adviser can show you how to make the most
of your money. Find your nearest qualified and regulated adviser using this VouchedFor search tool.