A recent survey carried out by Which? Magazine reveals the nation's top 10 money worries for 2011. Below I list them in order along with a few related articles which should help ease your concerns.
Top 10 money worries:
- How much interest you're getting on your savings
- Energy prices
- The value of your pension
- Future tax levels
- Security of savings
- Food prices
- Pound exchange rate
- House price falling
- Repossession of your home
If any of the above sound familiar then here are a number of articles which should help. Just click on the relevant link.
Savings Interest/Security of savings
- How savers can beat the increase in inflation
- Money tip #99 – How to protect your savings from your bank going bust
- How safe is your bank?
- The facts about domestic solar energy & is it right for you?
- Money tip #118 – The rule allowing you to reject energy price rises
- Lunchtime Money Makeover – Top 6 ways to reduce your energy bills
Pound Exchange Rate
House price falling/Repossession
- Top 10 tips for getting the best price for your house
- Should we really care about house price indices?
- What to do if you are worried about negative equity
What do you think of Which?'s top 10 list? Are there any other money worries that you feel have been missed? Let me know by leaving a comment below.
Looking for a financial adviser near you?
Do you need financial advice? An independent financial adviser can show you how to make the most
of your money. Find your nearest qualified and regulated adviser using this VouchedFor search tool.
Alternatively, Hargreaves Lansdown, one of the UK’s largest firms providing restricted financial advice, is offering a £200 John Lewis voucher* to new clients.