Loyalty cards - my personal favourites
It seems these days that everyone is offering loyalty cards. Take up all the offers and you will soon need an extra wallet or purse just for your cards.
To help you negotiate the loyalty card minefield I have shared my personal favourites that I carry and use all the time.
You couldn't talk loyalty cards without including Tesco Clubcard and whilst most people may have a card here are a few features that you may have missed.
- Scan your Clubcard and collect points (worth 1p for every £1 spent) when you shop in a store, online or fill up with petrol at a Tesco petrol station
- You can also collect points if you buy your utilities through E.on or fill up with fuel at an Esso petrol station
- You can redeem your points at Tesco, to reduce your shopping bill
- Use 'Tesco Boost' to multiply the value of your points by up to 4 times when you spend them in restaurants, book fun days out, buy memberships with one of Tesco partner suppliers or use them in a Tesco store in participating departments
- Tesco also run regular promotions called 'Clubcard Perks' to increase the value of your Clubcard points when you shop in a Tesco store, buy petrol in a Tesco petrol station or use a Tesco Bank card to pay for your purchases
Boots Advantage Card
This is a great loyalty card as you get 4 points for every £1 spent which is one of the most generous loyalty cards available
- You can sign up for a Boots Advantage Card either in a Boots store, online or by phone
- Collect points (worth 4p for every £1 spent) either in a Boots store or online
- Over 60's earn 10 points for every £1 spent on Boots branded products in store - that equates to 10% discount!
- Take advantage of their regular great offers to boost your savings
- Use your Advantage Card to check the Extra Offer Kiosks (larger stores only) for special offers that are not available to non card holders
- Use Boots 'Treat Street' website to purchase items with Boots large range of partner stores and service providers and get 1 point for every £1 spent
Hands up who doesn't love Nando's? If your guilty pleasure is butterfly chicken breast (medium) with mushy peas and fries then you would a be fool not to register for the Nando's Card.
- Collect a card at any Nando's restaurant and register it online to start collecting
- You get one 'Chilli' every time you spend £7 pound or more in a Nando's restaurant
- Collect 3 Chillies and you can get a free 1/4 chicken plus any 'appeteaser'
- Collect 10 Chillies and get a whole chicken free
- The savings using this card are around 20% - what is there not to like!
I love bookshops! I could spend hours just browsing and then settling in a comfy chair with an interesting book. By the way don't go to London without checking out the Waterstones store at Piccadilly Circus - floor upon floor of books and a coffee shop to boot! Heaven!
If, like me, you love books then make sure you sign up for the Waterstones Card
- Earn points (worth 3p for every £1 spent) when you shop in a store or online
- Earn extra Eco points when you don't take a plastic bag with your purchase
- Enjoy fantastic savings on museums, galleries and literary days out
- Get the chance to read and review books before they are published
Whether your love a Cappuccino or a Latte you can't beat a nice cup of coffee. But make your coffee more relaxing by going to Caffe Nero, pick up a card and save money.
- Old-fashioned stamp card that you collect at the counter
- Every drink you buy gets a stamp on your card
- Fill the card up (9 stamps) to get a free drink, that's a 10% discount
- At Starbucks you only get a free drink after 15 purchases and at miserly Costa you need to buy 39 caffeine fixes before they give a free one!
Looking for a financial adviser near you?
Do you need financial advice? An independent financial adviser can show you how to make the most of your money.
Simply find your nearest qualified and regulated adviser using the UK’s largest adviser search.