The easy way to cut your energy bills
What you need to do
(TIME TO COMPLETE - 2 MINS)
Below I walk you through how you can get the best energy deals every year but using an automatic switching service called Look After My Bills. So there are no excuses, as you could even complete it all using your mobile while on the bus!
Get the best deals every year automatically in just 2 minutes
- Visit Look After My Bills and enter your email and postcode and then locate your energy supplier
- Locate your existing supplier and select them
- You will also be asked for the name of your tariff as well as your gas and electricity usage each year (this will all be on your latest energy bill).
- You will then be shown the best deal for you, as long as it will save you at least £50.
- If you are happy with the proposed energy tariff you then need to enter your bank details and legally authorise the website to manage future switches for you.
What happens next?
Look After My Bills will contact your old supplier to tell them you are leaving, so you can avoid those awkward conversations with a call centre. You will then need to provide a meter reading to your old and new supplier so you can get a final bill and start saving money on your new one.
When the first deal you switch to eventually expires or a better offer becomes available, Look After My Bills will switch you again automatically. This takes the hassle out of remembering when your tariff is set to expire and stops energy providers sneakily moving you onto their expensive standard rate tariffs. When you receive all the details about your new supplier you will have a 14-day cooling-off period within which to cancel the switch. You will need to do this directly with the energy company and must also inform Look After My Bills if you are cancelling.
Look After My Bills will only switch you if you will save at least £50 by moving and you will only be switched to energy companies that will pay a referral fee. This may exclude some energy providers but hopefully should still cover most of the market.
Look After My Bills is just one of a growing number of auto-switch energy comparison sites. You may wish to check out our article Compare the best energy auto-switching services in the UK.
Looking for a financial adviser near you?
Do you need financial advice? An independent financial adviser can show you how to make the most of your money.
Simply find your nearest qualified and regulated adviser using the UK’s largest adviser search.