The summer holidays can bring boredom to households with children while others look for low budget ways to get out and enjoy the weather. Searching for things to do on a budget can be difficult but in this article, we will share some easy ways to find free days out.
Free days out
Free days out may seem like a myth but you can source fun without breaking the bank. The key thing to remember is that any place that doesn't charge will usually have other ways of helping you part with your cash - gift shops, pricey cafes and restaurants can all take the 'free' out of the trip.
Ensure that you've got a plan for food and drinks - a cleverly packed picnic with plenty of snacks and refreshments can keep you from spending over the odds in museums, national trust venues and parks.
How to find free days out near me
Trying to find great days out on a budget can be easier than you think as the internet provides a wealth of ideas if you know where to look. Below I list some of the best sites I've come across. So bookmark them and have fun!
- Tripadvisor provides an abundance of deals, ideas and reviews for days out and places to visit
- Moneysavingexpert - produce a constantly updated list of vouchers for cheap days out
- visitbritain.com - run by the national tourism agency of a similar name the site provides great ideas for days out across Britain, including free days out. Just type 'free' and your location into the search bar and you'll find a plethora of things to do
- Timeout London - who better than Timeout to give you ideas of what to do in our nation's capital, plus they have a huge listing of free things to do
- daysout.com offers free ways to plan your day out by entering your location
Join our Facebook community to learn and share more money saving tips!