When you read anything about budgeting or controlling your finances you are always asked to track your spending, on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, to see where your money goes. Now, this is all well and good but when you are grabbing a coffee or a sandwich on the run it is difficult to record this spending and you ultimately forget and your budgeting goes out the window.
The solution to this problem comes in a clever little smartphone app called Spendometer, created by the The Money Charity, whose main attraction is it's simplicity.
- Download the app onto your smartphone and every time you spend something just enter the amount into Spendometer on your phone and it will keep a record of your spending
- Set daily, weekly or monthly spending limits and choose how your spending will be reported
- Four default spending categories to choose from, or choose your own
- Check if you can afford the purchase before you buy
- See your 'spending speed' and see how much of your money has been spent in a given week or month and where it has been spent
- Log spending in under 10 secs
- Set a special 'going out' function to help limit overspending on a night out
Best of all it's FREE! Simple, useful and clever. Try it.
Looking for a financial adviser near you?
Do you need financial advice? An independent financial adviser can show you how to make the most
of your money. Find your nearest qualified and regulated adviser using this VouchedFor search tool.
Alternatively, Hargreaves Lansdown, one of the UK’s largest firms providing restricted financial advice, is offering a £200 John Lewis voucher* to new clients.