The NatWest Longer Balance Transfer card is one of two NatWest balance transfer cards, the other being the NatWest Balance Transfer card. This version offers a longer interest-free period on balance transfers, but attracts a higher transfer fee.
Key facts about the NatWest Longer Balance Transfer credit card
Best for: Those looking for a longer interest-free period to help pay off an existing debt.
Introductory offer: Interest-free for 23 months on balance transfers and 3 months on purchases.
Representative APR: 19.9% variable.
Fees: No annual fee, 1.99% balance transfer fee.
Perks: As it is part of the Mastercard network, cardholders can access the offers in the Precious Cities scheme.
Pros of the NatWest Longer Balance Transfer credit card
- It has a competitive introductory period on balance transfers while also offering 3 months interest-free on purchases.
- The NatWest mobile banking app allows users to access their credit score for free.
- No maximum credit limit, subject to status.
Cons of the NatWest Longer Balance Transfer credit card
- It is only available if you have an existing NatWest current account, savings account, credit card and mortgages.
- The balance transfer fee is 1.99%. If you have a large amount to transfer, it may be better to opt for the NatWest Balance Transfer card, which has a fee of only 0.49%.
- It requires a minimum annual income of £10,000 and you are only likely to be accepted for the card if you have an excellent credit score.
How to manage your payments on the NatWest Longer Balance Transfer credit card
You can manage your account through the mobile app or in NatWest branches.
How to apply for the NatWest Longer Balance Transfer credit card
Alternatives to the NatWest Longer Balance Transfer credit card
- NatWest Balance Transfer credit card
- HSBC Balance Transfer credit card
- Capital One Balance Transfer credit card
Looking for a financial adviser near you?
Do you need financial advice? An independent financial adviser can show you how to make the most
of your money. Find your nearest qualified and regulated adviser using this VouchedFor search tool.