A no-fee, low-APR option for those who want to earn Virgin Airways rewards, albeit without the perk of an introductory offer.
Key facts about the Virgin Atlantic Reward credit card
Best for: Those who don't want to pay an annual fee for their air-miles credit card
Introductory offer: No introductory offers
Representative APR: 22.9% variable
Fees: No annual fee
Perks: Rewards such as a companion ticket or upgrade when you spend £20,000 or more in a year, earn 0.75 Virgin points for every £1 spent on the card, double points when you use your card for Virgin Atlantic flights or Virgin Holiday, free entry to Virgin Money lounges
Pros of the Virgin Atlantic Reward credit card
- No annual fee, which is rare among air-miles credit cards
- A good range of perks, especially suited to those who like the Virgin Atlantic brand
- Relatively low APR, although it is still worth paying off the balance in full each month to keep your purchases interest free
- You can earn a reward each year, including a companion ticker or upgrade, if you spend a minimum of £20,000 on the card
Cons of the Virgin Atlantic Reward credit card
- It doesn't have any specific introductory offers so there isn't an immediate benefit to taking out the card
- You have to spend a relatively high amount on the card to earn the annual reward
- You have up to 24 months to claim your reward. It expires after that date.
How to manage your payments on the Virgin Atlantic Reward credit card
You can manage your account using the Virgin Money Credit Card app.
How to apply for the Virgin Atlantic Reward credit card
The Virgin Money Card Checker eligibility checker will give you a good idea whether you will be accepted for the card, without leaving a footprint on your credit file.
Alternatives to the Virgin Atlantic Reward credit card