For frequent flyers with deep pockets, the Virgin Atlantic Reward Plus card offers great rewards but with a hefty £160 annual fee
Key facts about the Virgin Atlantic Reward Plus credit card
Best for: Those who will benefit enough from the rewards to balance out the annual fee
Introductory offer: 15,000 bonus Virgin points when you make your first purchase within 90 days of opening your account
Representative APR: 63.9% variable
Fees: £160 annual fee
- Perks: Rewards such as a companion ticket or upgrade when you spend £10,000 per year, earn 1.5 Virgin points for every £1 spent on the card, double points on Virgin Atlantic flights or Virgin Holidays, free entry to Virgin Money lounges, free Boingo Wi-Fi access
Pros of the Virgin Atlantic Reward Plus credit card
- It has a good introductory offer as well as the potential to earn an annual reward if you spend over £10,000 per year on the card
- You will be able to get a Virgin Atlantic Lounge card which, alongside your credit card, will allow you to access Virgin Atlantic lounges across the globe
- The free Boingo Wi-Fi access it a nice bonus, over and above what you get with the standard Virgin Atlantic Reward card
Cons of the Virgin Atlantic Reward Plus credit card
- It isn't cheap: the £160 annual fee helps push the APR to 63.9% variable. You will want to make sure you pay off the balance in full each month and consider whether the rewards you get justify the annual fee
- The £10,000 minimum spend to earn an annual reward is also high, albeit half as much as the spending required with the standard Virgin Atlantic Reward card
- You need to claim the annual reward within 24 months of it being issued, otherwise it expires
How to manage your payments on the Virgin Atlantic Reward Plus credit card
You can manage your account using the Virgin Money Credit Card app.
How to apply for the Virgin Atlantic Reward Plus credit card
The Virgin Money Card Checker eligibility checker will give you a good idea whether you will be accepted for the card, without leaving a footprint on your credit file.
Alternatives to the Virgin Atlantic Reward Plus credit card
Looking for a financial adviser near you?
Do you need financial advice? An independent financial adviser can show you how to make the most
of your money. Find your nearest qualified and regulated adviser using this VouchedFor search tool.