Episode 423 - On this week’s episode I discuss investing directly in gilts, explaining how lending to the government can give an attractive return, especially for higher-rate taxpayers. I then focus on wills, exploring a real-life case involving Aretha Franklin's discovered will before discussing tips when making a will in the UK. Lastly, Andy reveals the tracker energy tariffs that can be cheaper than the current energy price cap.
Join the MTTM Community group, a friendly community that allows like-minded listeners to ask questions and chat.
You can also listen to other episodes and subscribe to the show by searching 'Money to the Masses' on Spotify or by using the following links:
Links referred to in the podcast:
- Best savings accounts in the UK
- Bloomberg: Boost your savings by lending to the Government
- What is the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)?
- Podcast Episode 178 - How to prioritise your finances
- Podcast Episode 179 - Creating a lasting power of attorney
- Octopus tracker energy tariff - How does it work and should you switch?
- Which? Wills review
- Farewill review