In this review we look at the Amazon Platinum credit card, which offers incentives for people who regularly shop with the online retail giant.
Key facts about the Amazon Platinum credit card
Best for: Those who regularly buy items on Amazon.
Introductory offer: Interest-free on purchases for 3 months.
Representative APR: 21.9% APR.
Fees: No annual fee
- Perks: £20 Amazon gift card when you open an account, earn 1.5 Amazon rewards point per £2 spent at Amazon and 0.5 points for £2 spent elsewhere. 3 points for every £2 spent for Amazon Prime customers. 1,000 points converts to a £10 Amazon gift card voucher.
Pros of the Amazon Platinum credit card
- Instant spend of up to £500 when you open the account, available before the card arrives.
- Interest free for up to 56 days on purchases if you pay the balance in full on time each month.
- It is open to those with less-than-perfect credit ratings.
Cons of the Amazon Platinum credit card
- There are currently plans to scrap the card in January 2023
- Foreign transaction fees payable if you use your card abroad.
- The 0% interest-free offer only applies to purchases and does not apply to any balance transfers and cash-related transactions.
How to manage your payments on the Amazon Platinum credit card
Cardholders can manage payments through their Amazon account. There is also a mobile app for card issuer NewDay on which cardholders can make payments directly.
How to apply for the Amazon Platinum credit card
Open an Amazon account, if you don't already have one and use the online eligibility checker before completing your application.