The Amazon Platinum credit card is no longer available to new customers with Amazon and card provider NewDay terminating its partnership. Amazon says that it is 'Working on a brand-new Amazon credit card that rewards you every time you spend'. As soon as it is available we will post a link to our independent review.
Key facts about the Amazon Platinum credit card
Best for: Those who regularly buy items on Amazon.
Introductory offer: Interest-free on purchases for 3 months.
Representative APR: 21.9% APR.
Fees: No annual fee
- Perks: £20 Amazon gift card when you open an account, earn 1.5 Amazon rewards point per £2 spent at Amazon and 0.5 points for £2 spent elsewhere. 3 points for every £2 spent for Amazon Prime customers. 1,000 points converts to a £10 Amazon gift card voucher.
Pros of the Amazon Platinum credit card
- Instant spend of up to £500 when you open the account, available before the card arrives.
- Interest free for up to 56 days on purchases if you pay the balance in full on time each month.
- It is open to those with less-than-perfect credit ratings.
Cons of the Amazon Platinum credit card
- There are currently plans to scrap the card in January 2023
- Foreign transaction fees payable if you use your card abroad.
- The 0% interest-free offer only applies to purchases and does not apply to any balance transfers and cash-related transactions.
How to manage your payments on the Amazon Platinum credit card
Cardholders can manage payments through their Amazon account. There is also a mobile app for card issuer NewDay on which cardholders can make payments directly.
How to find out which credit card is best for you
Money to the Masses has partnered with Creditec* to help find the best credit card for you. By entering a few basic details, you will be able to see a tailored list of the best credit cards based on your individual circumstances. You can sort your results by the feature that interests you most, such as by card type, total fees or cashback offered. On top of this, the credit cards that have been pre-approved for you will be highlighted, meaning you can be more confident that you will be accepted if you apply. (Pre-approval does not guarantee acceptance and is still subject to additional lender checks). Your details will be used to conduct a soft credit search often referred to as an eligibility check, which means your credit score will not be affected. Click on this link to get started*.
How to apply for the Amazon Platinum credit card
Open an Amazon account, if you don't already have one and use the online eligibility checker before completing your application.
Alternatives to the Amazon Platinum credit card
If a link has an * beside it this means that it is an affiliated link. If you go via the link Money to the Masses may receive a small fee which helps keep Money to the Masses free to use. But as you can clearly see this has in no way influenced this independent and balanced review of the product.