In this review, we assess the TSB Platinum Purchase credit card, one of a selection of cards that offers an impressive interest-free period for both balance transfers and purchases, with no monthly fee.
Key facts about the TSB Platinum Purchase credit card
Best for: Those looking for a good introductory offer and who aren't bothered by the lack of perks.
Introductory offer: Interest-free for up to 15 months on both balance transfers and purchases.
Representative APR: 19.9%.
Fees: 1.45% balance transfer fee.
Perks: No specific benefits or perks.
Pros of the TSB Platinum Purchase credit card
- An equally impressive period of up to 15 months for both balance transfers and purchases, useful if you have existing debt but also need to continue spending.
- There are no monthly fees.
- Minimum £500 credit limit one of the better offers on the market.
Cons of the TSB Platinum Purchase credit card
- The length of the introductory fee is subject to status and you might not be offered the full 15 months.
- The 1.45% balance transfer fee may be a factor if you have a larger sum to move over.
- It doesn't offer some of the perks that are available with other cards, such as discounts or cashback offers.
How to manage your payments on the TSB Platinum Purchase credit card
You can manage your account through TSB's mobile banking app or in TSB branches.