Key facts about M&S Shopping Plus Offer credit card
Best for: Regular shoppers at M&S.
Introductory offer: 0% interest for 21 months on purchases and 18 months on balance transfers (transfer must be completed within 90 days of opening the account).
Representative APR: 23.9% variable.
Fees: 2.99% on balance transfers (minimum £5).
Perks: You can earn up to 3 M&S points for every £1 you spend in M&S and 1 point for every £5 you spend elsewhere. There is also a bonus 500 points reward (worth £5) when you initially spend on the card on food, clothing, or home at M&S.
Pros of M&S Shopping Plus Offer credit card
- The card offers a long interest-free period for those who are looking to reduce an existing debt but still need to make additional purchases.
- The APR after the introductory period is competitive.
- You can add an additional card holder (over the age of 18), which can help maximise the number of M&S points you accumulate.
Cons of M&S Shopping Plus Offer credit card
- Although the interest-free periods are comparable to other market leaders in the multi-purpose credit card category, the rewards on offer are only really attractive to those who regularly shop at M&S.
- Cardholders are not permitted to transfer the balance from cards issued by HSBC, including other credit cards from M&S Bank, John Lewis or First Direct.
- M&S points cannot be earned from balance transfers, cash advances/withdrawals, interest charges, M&S Travel Money, foreign currency or M&S reward vouchers.
How to manage your payments on M&S Shopping Plus Offer credit card
How to apply for the M&S Shopping Plus Offer credit card
Unlike some providers, M&S Bank does not have an eligibility checker, so make sure you check through the lending criteria before you complete the online application. The application process is estimated to take approximately 7 minutes.