In this article, we are reviewing the MBNA 0% Transfer and Purchase credit card, which stands out for its long interest-free periods on not only balance transfers and purchases, but also money transfers
Key facts about MBNA 0% Transfer and Purchase credit card
Best for: Those looking for a multipurpose card that includes a money transfer feature
Introductory offer: Interest free for 18 months on balance transfers and purchases and 12 months on money transfer, all completed within the first 60 days after opening the account
Representative APR: 20.9%
Fees: 2.89% on balance transfers and 4% on money transfers
Perks: No perks or benefits, but balanced out by good interest-free periods and reasonable APR after the introductory period
Pros of MBNA 0% Transfer and Purchase credit card
- It offers an extra function to many all-round cards with the inclusion of money transfer
- Its interest-free periods stack up well against its rivals
- Although MBNA is part of Lloyds Banking Group, alongside Lloyds Bank and Halifax, balance transfers from those providers are accepted to this MBNA card
Cons of MBNA 0% Transfer and Purchase credit card
- It doesn't offer any perks, so if features like cashback or discounts are important to you, other cards might be better
- The transfer fees are quite high, especially when there are fee-free options available, albeit often with less favourable terms on the length of the introductory offers
- After the first 60 days, any purchases, balance transfers or money transfers won't be interest-free
How to manage your payments on MBNA 0% Transfer and Purchase credit card
MBNA has online and mobile accounts, so you are able to manage your card easily
How to apply for the MBNA 0% Transfer and Purchase credit card
MBNA has a 'Clever Check' system, which assesses applicants eligibility for its whole range of cards, as well as the potential credit limit, without leaving a hard footprint on your credit file
Alternatives to the MBNA 0% Transfer and Purchase credit card
For other options, read our article "Best credit card in the UK"
Looking for a financial adviser near you?
Do you need financial advice? An independent financial adviser can show you how to make the most
of your money. Find your nearest qualified and regulated adviser using this VouchedFor search tool.