The Origin credit card is specifically aimed at those with a poor credit score, perhaps who have been turned down for credit elsewhere.
While you may be more likely to be accepted even if you have adverse credit, there is a high APR to bear in mind.
Key facts about the Origin credit card
Best for: Those committed and able to pay off the full balance each month so as not to get hit with the high interest rate.
Introductory offer: No introductory offer.
Representative APR: 59.9% variable.
Fees: No annual fee.
- Perks: No specific perks.
Pros of the Origin credit card
- The credit limit is reviewed every five months and could increase to up to £3,500 over time.
- It is interest-free for up to 56 days on purchases if you pay off the balance in full on time each month.
- You may get accepted for this card even if you have been turned down by other providers as it is designed for people with poor credit.
Cons of the Origin credit card
- It's hard to overlook the high APR which - at 59.9% - is way above what you could expect to pay with other credit builder cards, which typically have APRs of between 30-40% variable.
- It doesn't have any introductory offers or other benefits.
- Not available for those that already have a credit card issued from Vanquis Bank.
How to manage your payments on the Origin credit card
Cardholders can manage their accounts online or on the mobile app compatible with iOS and Android.
How to apply for the Origin credit card
You can check if you are likely to be accepted for the card by completing the online eligibility checker, which will not impact your credit score.