In this review we assess the Capital One Classic credit card, which is the most popular card in Capital One's stable. It is aimed at people with limited credit history or poor credit scores.
Key facts about the Capital One Classic credit card
Best for: Those looking for a no-frills, credit-building card.
Introductory offer: No introductory offers.
Representative APR: 34.9% variable.
Fees: No annual fee.
Perks: No specific perks.
Pros of the Capital One Classic credit card
- 56 days interest free on purchases if you pay the balance off in full on time each month.
- Possibility of two increases in the credit limit within the first year of having the account.
- You can set up email alerts to remind you when a repayment is due to help you stay on top of your monthly deadlines.
Cons of the Capital One Classic credit card
- It has none of the perks or introductory offers that you can find with other cards.
- Relatively high APR and low initial credit limit - potentially starting at just £200 - although it could be as high as £1500, subject to status.
- Unlikely to be accepted if you have not had any credit in the UK before.
How to manage your payments on the Capital One Classic credit card
Cardholders can manage their accounts through Capital One's online banking system.
How to apply for the Capital One Classic credit card
Use the eligibility checker to see if you are likely to be accepted and what credit limit you can get, without it affecting your credit report.
Alternatives to the Capital One Classic credit card
Looking for a financial adviser near you?
Do you need financial advice? An independent financial adviser can show you how to make the most
of your money. Find your nearest qualified and regulated adviser using this VouchedFor search tool.