This review looks at the Barclaycard Forward credit card, which is a credit builder card. It is designed for people who are new to credit or those with poor credit.
You are likely to be accepted if you haven't been declared bankrupt in the past six years and don't have more than one CCJ.
Key facts about the Barclaycard Forward credit card
Best for: Those looking for a credit builder card with some extra benefits.
Introductory offer: 3 months interest-free on purchases.
- Credit Limit: Between £50 and £1,200, depending on circumstances
Representative APR: 33.9%.
Fees: No annual fee.
Perks: Access to Barclaycard Entertainment, which offers discounts on tickets for certain events.
Pros of the Barclaycard Forward credit card
- You can reduce the interest rate by 3% if you make all of your payments on time during the first year of having the card. After that, you can secure another 2% reduction if you make all your payments over the course of the second year.
- The interest-free period on purchases is quite unusual for a credit-building credit card.
- Your income only needs to be more than £3,000 a year for you to be eligible.
Cons of the Barclaycard Forward credit card
- Starting credit limit as low as £50.
- The APR is quite high so it's important not to get carried away with the interest-free introductory offer on purchases and clear the balance before the initial three months ends.
Compare credit card deals We’ve teamed up with Creditec
Leadenhall Learning Limited is an Introducer Appointed Representative of Creditec Limited which is Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct AuthorityCheck your eligibility*
Compare credit card deals
We’ve teamed up with Creditec
How to manage your payments on the Barclaycard Forward credit card
There are online and mobile banking options, including the ability to set up reminders and notifications to help manage the account efficiently.
How to apply for the Barclaycard Forward credit card
How to find out which credit card is best for you
Money to the Masses uses Creditec*, an online comparison service that enables you to find credit card deals tailored to you without affecting your credit score. You will want to compare as many different options as possible before you get a new credit card, so it is a good idea to do a fast online comparison. With only a few basic details, the Creditec tool will build a personalised list of credit cards suited to your needs to help you navigate the huge number of options out there. You can then pick the result that suits you best. None of this will affect your credit score as the eligibility process uses a soft credit check. Click here to start your comparison*.
Alternatives to the Barclaycard Forward credit card
If a link has an * beside it this means that it is an affiliated link. If you go via the link Money to the Masses may receive a small fee which helps keep Money to the Masses free to use. But as you can clearly see this has in no way influenced this independent and balanced review of the product.