The Barclaycard Rewards credit card offers cardholders the opportunity to earn cashback on purchases, which you get paid back annually.
Key facts about the Barclaycard Rewards credit card
Best for: Those looking for cashback on purchases
Introductory offer: No introductory offers
Representative APR: 27.9% variable
Fees: No annual fee
Perks: 0.25% cashback on most spending on the card
Compare credit card deals We’ve teamed up with Creditec
Leadenhall Learning Limited is an Introducer Appointed Representative of Creditec Limited which is Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct AuthorityCheck your eligibility*
Compare credit card deals
We’ve teamed up with Creditec
Pros of the Barclaycard Rewards credit card
- The biggest draw is the cashback, which is a good incentive to use the card for purchases as long as you pay the balance off in full each month to avoid paying interest.
- It doesn't charge fees for foreign cash withdrawals and purchases and also gives cardholders access to Visa's competitive exchange rate.
Cons of the Barclaycard Rewards credit card
- It requires a minimum annual income of over £20,000 and you are unlikely to be accepted for it unless you have an excellent credit score.
- There is no interest-free period on cash withdrawals in the UK.
- Your APR may be higher than the 27.9% representative APR advertised, depending on your circumstances.
Which credit card is best for you?
We have teamed up with Creditec* to help you compare credit card deals and check your eligibility in minutes. You will be able to find out which credit cards you are most likely to be accepted for through a soft credit check, which will not affect your credit score. You can then tailor your personalised list to sort cards by the features that matter most to you. This could mean filtering for the type of credit card you want, sorting the list by the rate of interest or highlighting the cards you are most likely to be successful in applying for. You can click here to compare deals*.
How to manage your payments on the Barclaycard Rewards credit card
Cardholders can manage their account online or through the Barclaycard mobile app.
How to apply for the Barclaycard Rewards credit card
Alternatives to the Barclaycard Rewards credit card
- American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday
- John Lewis Partnership card
- Halifax cashback credit card
If a link has an * beside it this means that it is an affiliated link. If you go via the link Money to the Masses may receive a small fee which helps keep Money to the Masses free to use. But as you can clearly see this has in no way influenced this independent and balanced review of the product.