In this review, we look at the Aqua Classic credit card which is available to those with poorer credit, who can use it to improve their credit profile in the future.
It is open to those who haven't had a CCJ in the past 12 months and haven't been declared bankrupt in the past 18 months.
Key facts about the Aqua Classic credit card
Best for: Those looking for a basic card with a good mobile app to help manage it.
Introductory offer: No introductory offers.
Representative APR: 37.9% variable.
Fees: No annual fee.
Perks: Free access to CreditView credit score checker.
Pros of the Aqua Classic credit card
- It is interest-free for 48 days if you pay off the balance in full on time each month.
- The card allows you to build your credit rating if you use it sensibly.
- The mobile app makes it easy to manage the card, especially when using text alerts to remind you to make payments.
Cons of the Aqua Classic credit card
- Maximum initial credit limit is £1200, although this is subject to status and it could be as low as £250.
- Higher APR than is typically found on cards aimed at those with a higher credit score.
- The cash transaction fee is worth 5% of the transaction.
How to manage your payments on the Aqua Classic credit card
Cardholders can manage their account online or on the mobile app.
How to apply for the Aqua Classic credit card
Aqua has an online eligibility checker to give you a good idea of whether you are likely to be accepted for the card, without the search appearing on your credit record.