In this review, we look at the Aqua Classic credit card which is available to those with poorer credit, who can use it to improve their credit profile in the future. It is open to those who haven't had a CCJ in the past 12 months and haven't been declared bankrupt in the past 18 months.
Key facts about the Aqua Classic credit card
Best for: Those looking for a basic card with a good mobile app to help manage it
Introductory offer: No introductory offers
Representative APR: 37.9% variable
Fees: No annual fee
Perks: Free access to CreditView credit score checker
Pros of the Aqua Classic credit card
- It is interest free for 48 days if you pay off the balance in full each month
- The card allows you to build your credit rating if you use it sensibly
- The mobile app makes it easy to manage the card, particularly with text alerts to remind you to make payments
Cons of the Aqua Classic credit card
- Maximum initial credit limit is £1200, although this is subject to status and it could be as low as £250
- Higher APR than is typically found on cards aimed at those with a higher credit score
How to manage your payments on the Aqua Classic credit card
Cardholders can manage their account online or on the mobile app
How to apply for the Aqua Classic credit card
Aqua has an online eligibility checker to give you a good idea of whether you are likely to be accepted for the card, without the search appearing on your credit record
Alternatives to the Aqua Classic credit card
For other options, read our article "Best credit card in the UK"
Looking for a financial adviser near you?
Do you need financial advice? An independent financial adviser can show you how to make the most
of your money. Find your nearest qualified and regulated adviser using this VouchedFor search tool.