The Vanquis Classic credit card is part of Vanquis's range of cards for people with a poor credit score, offering the opportunity for those individuals to improve their credit rating over time by using and managing the card responsibly.
Key facts about the Vanquis Classic credit card
Best for: Those who have been refused credit elsewhere.
Introductory offer: No introductory offers.
Representative APR: 39.9% variable.
Fees: No annual fee.
Perks: No specific perks.
Pros of the Vanquis Classic credit card
- The card markets itself on having accepted more than 4 million customers, positioning itself as a good option for those with poor credit.
- The credit limit could increase to £4,000 over time.
- Purchases are interest-free for up to 56 days if you pay the balance off in full on time each month.
Cons of the Vanquis Classic credit card
- It is at the higher end of the scale of APRs for credit builder cards and has, obviously, substantially higher rates than for prime credit cards.
- It doesn't have any introductory offers or perks.
- Foreign exchange fee is 3% of the sterling value of a cash transaction, or £3 - whichever is the highest.
How to manage your payments on the Vanquis Classic credit card
Vanquis offers online and mobile banking either on desktop or via its iOS and Android app.
How to apply for the Vanquis Classic credit card
By completing the online eligibility checker, you will be given a decision in 60 seconds as to whether you are likely to be accepted for the card. This process won't affect your credit rating.
Alternatives to the Vanquis Classic credit card
Looking for a financial adviser near you?
Do you need financial advice? An independent financial adviser can show you how to make the most
of your money. Find your nearest qualified and regulated adviser using this VouchedFor search tool.