In this article, we review the TSB Student credit card, which offers a way of students accessing credit and potentially improving their credit rating over time.
Key facts about the TSB Student credit card
Best for: Students looking for a higher initial credit limit than is available with some other student cards.
Introductory offer: No introductory offers.
Representative APR: 21.9% variable.
Fees: No annual fee.
Perks: No specific perks.
Pros of the TSB Student credit card
- It has a minimum credit limit of £500, although the maximum credit limit is subject to status.
- There is no annual fee for the account.
- Purchases are interest-free for 56 days if you pay the full balance of the account on time each month.
Cons of the TSB Student credit card
- You have to have had an existing TSB Student Current Account for at least the last 3 months.
- You have to be receiving a "regular income" to be eligible.
- The APR is marginally higher than some other student cards.
How to manage your payments on the TSB Student credit card
Cardholders can manage their accounts online or on the mobile app.
How to apply for the TSB Student credit card
Existing TSB student account customers can apply through online banking or, alternatively, at a TSB branch.