In this article, we review the Chrome credit card, which is issued by Vanquis. It stands out because of its APR, which is unusually low for a credit-builder credit card.
Key facts about the Chrome credit card
Best for: Those looking for a credit-builder card with a reasonable APR.
Introductory offer: No introductory offers.
Representative APR: 29.5% variable.
Fees: No annual fee.
- Perks: No specific perks.
Pros of the Chrome credit card
- The interest rate is one of the lowest available on a card aimed at people with adverse credit.
- Credit limit assessed every five months and could increase up to a total of £4,000.
- Facility to set up email and text alerts to help you remember when payments are due.
Cons of the Chrome credit card
- It doesn't have any introductory offers, perks or benefits.
- The starting credit limit could be as low as £250.
- Cash transaction fee at 3% of the sterling value of a cash transaction, or £3 - whichever is the highest.
How to manage your payments on the Chrome credit card
Cardholders can manage their account online or via the mobile app.
How to apply for the Chrome credit card
Start be using the eligibility checker. If you are successful, you will then be guided to the full application process, which should give you a quick decision.