In this review we look at the Halifax Low Fee Balance Transfer credit card, one of a number of balance transfer credit cards in Halifax's range.
If you are considering a Halifax credit card, it is a good idea to complete the eligibility checker, which will flag up which cards in the range you are eligible for.
Key facts about the Halifax Low Fee Balance Transfer credit card
Best for: Those looking for a long interest-free period
Introductory offer: 31 months interest-free on balance transfers, 9 months interest-free on purchases.
Representative APR: 21.9% variable.
Fees: No annual fee, 2.99% balance transfer fee.
Perks: No specific perks.
Pros of the Halifax No Fee Balance Transfer credit card
- It offers a nice combination of interest-free periods on both balance transfers and purchases.
- The APR is relatively low after the introductory period finishes.
- It doesn't attract the same balance transfer fee that some of its competitors charge.
Cons of the Halifax No Fee Balance Transfer credit card
- There are other cards on the market that offer longer interest-free periods on balance transfers, particularly if you are not interested in making other purchases.
- It doesn't have any perks or benefits, such as cashback or discounts.
- 19.95% cash advance fee.
How to manage your payments on the Halifax No Fee Balance Transfer credit card
Halifax offers online card management from your phone, computer or tablet.
How to apply for the Halifax No Fee Balance Transfer credit card
The eligibility checker shows which of the cards in Halifax's range you are likely to be accepted for and also gives you an indication of the credit limit you would be provided with.