In this review we look at the Halifax No Fee Balance Transfer credit card, one of a number of balance transfer credit cards in Halifax's range.
If you are considering a Halifax credit card, it is a good idea to complete the eligibility checker, which will flag up which cards in the range you are eligible for.
Key facts about the Halifax No Fee Balance Transfer credit card
Best for: Those with bigger balances to transfer who don't want to have to pay a high fee.
Introductory offer: 23 months interest-free on balance transfers, 9 months interest-free on purchases.
Representative APR: 19.9% variable.
Fees: No annual fee, 1.5% balance transfer fee.
Perks: No specific perks.
Pros of the Halifax No Fee Balance Transfer credit card
- It offers a nice combination of interest-free periods on both balance transfers and purchases.
- The APR is relatively low after the introductory period finishes.
- It doesn't attract the same balance transfer fee that many of its competitors charge.
Cons of the Halifax No Fee Balance Transfer credit card
- There are other cards on the market that offer longer interest-free periods on balance transfers, particularly if you are not interested in making other purchases.
- It doesn't have any perks or benefits, such as cashback or discounts.
- 19.95% cash advance fee.
How to manage your payments on the Halifax No Fee Balance Transfer credit card
Halifax offers online card management from your phone, computer or tablet.
How to apply for the Halifax No Fee Balance Transfer credit card
The eligibility checker shows which of the cards in Halifax's range you are likely to be accepted for and also gives you an indication of the credit limit you would be provided with.
Alternatives to the Halifax No Fee Balance Transfer credit card
- HSBC Balance Transfer credit card
- Capital One Balance Transfer credit card
- Tesco Balance Transfer credit card
Looking for a financial adviser near you?
Do you need financial advice? An independent financial adviser can show you how to make the most
of your money. Find your nearest qualified and regulated adviser using this VouchedFor search tool.