In this article we review the Tesco Balance Transfer credit card, which has attractive introductory offers on both balance transfers and money transfers
Key facts about the Tesco Balance Transfer credit card
Best for: Those happy to shoulder a fee to take advantage of the longer-than-average interest-free period on balance transfers
Introductory offer: Interest-free for 22 months on balance transfers, 12 months on money transfers
Representative APR: 19.9% variable
Fees: 2.98% balance transfer fee, 3.94% money transfer fee
- Perks: You can collect 1 Tesco Clubcard point for every £4 spent at Tesco and for every £8 spent elsewhere
Pros of the Tesco Balance Transfer credit card
- The 22 months interest-free on balance transfers is one of the best deals in the market
- It also allows money transfers and the APR after the interest-free periods is relatively low
- It has the additional perk of allowing you to collect Tesco Clubcard points
Cons of the Tesco Balance Transfer credit card
- You could be offered 16 or 19 months interest-free on balance transfers instead of the full 22 months, depending on your circumstances
- The fees for both balance transfers and money transfers are quite high
How to manage your payments on the Tesco Balance Transfer credit card
Cardholders can manage their account through the Tesco Bank mobile banking app
How to apply for the Tesco Balance Transfer credit card
Alternatives to the Tesco Balance Transfer credit card
For other options, read our article "Best credit card in the UK"
Looking for a financial adviser near you?
Do you need financial advice? An independent financial adviser can show you how to make the most
of your money. Find your nearest qualified and regulated adviser using this VouchedFor search tool.