In this article, we are reviewing the Santander Everyday credit card, which is part of the generally impressive stable of Santander credit cards. This is a good option for those who don't want to pay fees but require a decent introductory offer on balance transfers.
Key facts about the Santander Everyday credit card
Best for: Those focused on a decent 0% interest balance transfer window without having to pay a monthly fee
Introductory offer: Interest free on balance transfers for 18 months and purchases for 3 months
Representative APR: 18.9% variable
Fees: No monthly fee, no balance transfer fee
Perks: Cardholders can access Santander's Retail Offers, earning up to 15% cashback from a variety of retailers. There is also a bonus 25% on five welcome offers in the first 60 days after opening the account
Pros of the Santander Everyday credit card
- It has an attractive combination of interest-free periods on both balance transfer and purchases
- Unlike many balance transfer cards, there is no balance transfer fee
- It has the added benefit of potential cashback rewards if you activate the Retail Offers account within 60 days of opening the account
- It doesn't have a monthly fee, unlike popular sister-card Santander All in One
Cons of the Santander Everyday credit card
- While it doesn't have the same fee as the Santander All in One card, it also falls short of the 26 month interest-free period for both balance transfers and purchases that card offers
- There's a minimum income requirement of £7,500
- It is aimed at those with a very high credit rating, so not everyone will be accepted for it
How to manage your payments on the Santander Everyday credit card
You can manage your account online and on your mobile, as well as in Santander branches
How to apply for the Santander Everyday credit card
A good first step is using the Santander eligibility calculator to see if you are likely to be accepted. Following that, the online application takes approximately 10 minutes to complete. Alternatively, you can apply in person at a Santander branch.
Alternatives to the Santander Everyday credit card
For other options, read our article "Best credit card in the UK"
Looking for a financial adviser near you?
Do you need financial advice? An independent financial adviser can show you how to make the most
of your money. Find your nearest qualified and regulated adviser using this VouchedFor search tool.